Monday, July 27, 2015

Old Forge - Hopsmith Pale Lager Review

This is another review of a beer from a tiny brewery in PA. Old Forge is located in Danville, PA. Unlike Selin's Grove, which is only about 20 minutes down the road, Old Forge does distribute. Nothing makes it out of PA but their pounder cans are pretty iconic around here. I've never tried the hopsmith pale lager, so I picked it up in a mix a six at the grocery store.

The beer pours out a nice golden color with lots of bubbles again.


Big Nose IPA

The beer does offer a nice hoppy smell. I don't get the chance to try too many different IPL's, so I'm looking forward to this. This beer is sweet and hoppy, but mostly sweet. It feels a little thick on the top but has a very nice floral aftertaste.

 My overall impression of Old Forge remains the same, a good but not great local brewery, that's worth checking out if you're in the area.

www.oldforgebrewingcompany.com










No comments:

Post a Comment