Thursday, July 23, 2015

Victory Kirsch Gose Beer Review

If you've never had a gose before, I recommend you go out and buy one right now. They are probably my favorite style of beer to enjoy in the Summer. Gose, pronounced goes uh, is a german style unfiltered wheat beer with a special ingredient... Salt! That may sound weird at first but give it a shot and I'm confident you will enjoy it.

Victory released Kirsch Gose for the first time this Spring. The bottle tells me that this is a sour cherry bier, and as soon as you poor it and see the ruby red color you know that you're in for a treat.


Victory Kirsch Gose

Victory did a great job of creating this beer. I enjoy it a lot because of the three layers I can taste. Upon entering the mouth I immediately taste the cherry. As I swallow the the sour hits my tongue. The final layer is the malty saltiness after swallowing, that leaves you just wanting to take another sip. (Think how the saltiness of a Pringle leaves you reaching for another)


This was one of the first goses I have tried, but I have enjoyed everyone of them so far. If you can't find Victory's Kirsch Gose anymore I also thoroughly enjoyed Anderson Valley's Blood Orange Gose. Also seek Sour Monkey by Victory for their take on a sour triple. I'll be cracking that one open soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment